DIS posters offer a concise format to communicate novel ideas, works-in-progress and late-breaking research findings to the DIS community in a discussion-oriented forum during the conference. In addition, posters may summarize interesting on-going research projects in a compact format. Relevant topics include:
- Interaction technologies (mobile devices, sensors, huge and tiny displays, smart materials, etc.)
- Design for specific contexts (the home, urban life and rural areas, schools, museums, digital art, games and play, news, community building, the workplace, etc.)
- Interface and system concepts
- The design process and methodology
Authors of accepted posters will be given the opportunity to promote their contribution during coffee breaks throughout the conferencee.
Poster abstracts should be no more than 2 pages in the DIS 2012 template. A draft poster must also be submitted alongside the abstract. Posters should be A0 portrait. All submissions should be anonymised for peer review and submitted via the DIS 2012 PCS system.
- March 23, 2012: Submission deadline
- April 13, 2012: Author notification
- April 20, 2012: Camera ready deadline
Anja Thieme, Culture Lab, Newcastle University, UK
Faisal Taher, Lancaster University, UK